Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Did somebody say *Chocolate*?

It’s days like these when I’m home with my bub, when we wonder through the pantry seeking out waterfalls – because they are most important! They mix the chocolate, churn it up, make it light and frothy. But Alas, it’s only empty boxes we come upon, beautiful shiny empty wrappers that smell of what once was. My heart yearns for that box to be replenished, over and over again. And then I'm slipping - slipping - and if I don't get the things I am after, I'm going to screeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEAM!
When it comes to Lindt chocolate, I want the world. I want the whole world. I want to lock it all up in my pocket. It's my bar of chocolate. Give it to me!

Don’t care how, I want it now.
“Hey, hubby,” I say as he walks through the door, “*I* want a Lindt Chocolate! I want you to get me a Lindt Chocolate right away!” Then he turns to me and patiently says, “All right, Veruca, all right. I'll get you one before the day is out.” Then I reply with, “I always thought a veruca was a type of wart you got on the bottom of your foot.”
You see, I have an obsession with chocolate. No, really, I do. Chocolate that’s smooth and made with love. Pralines that Old Slugworth would give his false teeth for.
Then there’s the dream of the river filled with chocolate, and the paddle boat that glides slowly through its glorious sheen, and I say, “Hubby, I want a boat like that. A beautiful paddle boat is what I want - I want to go in! Don't you dare stop me!” And he asks, ‘Shall I build you a flying glass elevator to go with it, dear?”
But then, the teasing stops, and he produces one shiny red sphere that is filled with the most exquisite, dreamy chocolate. And I eat it. And the fix mellows in my mouth. And I say, “Hubby, I want more chocolate like this. A beautiful box is what I want.” And HE says, “What you want is a good kick in the pants!”
Some obsessions will never be quelled, no matter how many Snozzwangers or Vermicious Knids try to put an end to the passion. Well, I’ve left my hint. Subtle? – it may not be. But at least he knows what I want this Valentine’s Day. And if he delivers, he will be rewarded handsomely ;)

4 comments:

  1. Hahah at your hubs! XD And Yum you made me crave for chocolate. Oh god! My father's dead today! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE chocolate to. Dare me to eat an entire box or bag of it and I am all over that. Unfortunately, last year I was diagnosed with a pre-ulcerous condition and I can't have caffiene or chocolate until it gets straightned out. I also found I should avoid milk and things with lost of tomoatoes in it. PAIN IN MY BUTT! Of course, I have cheated and my problem has not gone away yet. So, I have made it one of my resolutions to avoid all those yummy things until I am all healed up!

    Whew! Sorry for the story of my life this past year. Anyway, I can still be a chocoholic even though I can't eat it right now, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My intention was to make you crave, Dawn ;)

    AubrieAnne, I'm sorry to hear about your condition. I hope in time it will ease, then there'll be no need to cheat, and you and those goodies can become friends again. Gee, if only I could avoid the things you aren't allowed to eat. I'd be as thin as a twig!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have actually lost 7 pounds since working on it, but I think that has more to do with being home, eating less processed foods, and a bit of stress.

    That last few days have been really good. I'm optomistic about it today. :)

    ReplyDelete